As an important tool for workpiece manufacturing, we mu […]
As an important tool for workpiece manufacturing, we must keep the mould clean when we use it, and there should be no pollution components, otherwise it will cause the quality of the workpiece production or the surface to be uneven, and even affect the performance of the workpiece, and cause pollution before the mould is cleaned.The main factors are the following five reasons.
1. mould material. Generally, rubber moulds are made of A3 low-carbon steel and 45# medium-carbon steel. The surface of these steels has a certain degree of active adsorption, and there will be rubber marks when demoulding. If stainless steel or chrome plating is used on the surface of the mould cavity, the contamination of the mould can be greatly reduced.
2. The finish of the cavity. High smoothness, low adhesion, less residue during demoulding, which can reduce pollution.
3. The high temperature and high pressure during vulcanization separates the sulfide and sulfur from the rubber material, which interacts with the mould and often appears spotted stains.
4. Release agent. Some mould release agents, such as talc powder, mica powder, zinc stearate, etc. will have a small amount of residue on the surface of the mould cavity during mould release; there is also the corrosion of bad mould release agent deposits, which will increase the degree of pollution.
5. Moisture and carbon dioxide in the air can oxidize and rust the surface of the cavity.